Sr. Software Development Manager - O2E Brands
Who we are:
With our uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
This is where you come in:
With the growth across our organization, it’s clear we are not slowing down anytime soon. We are looking for an experienced Sr. Software Development Manager to join our business technology department and lead our software development team across multiple platforms to drive consistency with development practices, environment management and deployment standards.
You will work cross functionally within Business Solutions and Delivery to ensure sound architecture foundations are balanced with technology innovation in order to drive business value through technology. You will partner with our business stakeholders to manage and enhance our applications, website and to deploy mobile and cloud solutions that will help drive new business for our Franchise Partners in Canada, United States, and Australia.
You come with a deep technical understanding of the principles of solution architecture and experience working within Agile methodology.
You will have a proven ability to grow the technical skills of software developers and promote best in class CI/CD practices across different code languages.
This position is based out of our Vancouver or Toronto corporate office, The Junktion.
What is the Junktion?
Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON
What people say about you
- I am a highly organized, collaborative and results driven, technology enthusiast who has never been afraid to roll up my sleeves to get the job done
- I am a smart, people driven technology “junkie” who lives and breathes innovation through technology
- My passion and creativity is evident in the portfolio of business technology solutions I’ve developed
- I am looking to be part of an awesome team with a vision to take the road less travelled and to create something greater together
What your day to day will look like
- Work closely with the technical team and internal business partners to interpret business requirements, design and deliver solution
- Assist in the selection, solutioning, and implementation of new Salesforce related technology solutions, Drupal and other products as needed
- Assist in the planning of product, technical and business strategy roadmaps
- Help develop best practices in Agile/Scrum
- Ensure consistency with deployment, environment management and CI / CD practices
- Foster a Dev Ops culture and work closely with the Software Quality Assurance team on automation integration
- Accountable for maintaining high productivity and quality within the development team
- Coach and grow a technical team
- Assign, coordinate and review tasks and projects
- Maintain proper documentation of solution designs, processes and policies
- Participate in sprint, design review, scrum, and cycle debrief sessions using and maturing agile, Scrum, and other short order development methodologies
- Support platform stability, maintenance and incident response leadership for all core technology platforms.
What you bring to the table
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in managing technical teams, including remote team members and offshore resources
- B.S. in Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Agile Certification (Scrum Master preferred)
- Experience with Salesforce (Classic/Lightning), Service Cloud, Field Service Lightning, Drupal (v.7/v.8), Apex, VisualForce html, Java, React, SOQL, SOSL, SQL, DML
- Solutioning, architecting, developing, administering multiple technology platforms - Salesforce and Drupal preferred
- Integration management with Scribe for Silverpop, PDF Generation, SDoc and NPS Survey Management
- Proven ability to help develop and upskill individual developers along their development path while progressing overall team performance
- Exceptional communication and quality driven documentation practices (process documents, business documents, etc.)
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects, platforms and priorities
- Strong collaborative skills and experience working in cross-functional teams
- Ability to coach team members to develop collaborative and high performing teams
Life at the Junktion
Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.