Software Quality Assurance Automation Engineer - O2E Brands
O2E Brands is looking for an exceptional Software Quality Assurance Automation Engineer to join our growing Business Technology team.
What's in it for me?
You will be the subject matter expert for QA Automation and drive the adoption, coaching and framework for automated Quality Assurance for our Salesforce and web platforms.You will partner with our Business Analysts and Developers to produce exceptional solutions for our brands. You will embed yourself into our agile teams and influence best practices in quality assurance across the business.
Who we are:
With our uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
What your day to day will look like
- Convert manual tests of existing test cases/new features/enhancements into automation tests and suites
- Build and maintain a robust automation framework
- Design and develop the testing infrastructure e.g testing tools, libraries, frameworks.
- Design test experiments for new features/enhancements.
- Monitor automated testing and ensure software builds are fully tested in a timely manner
- Work with development and project management teams to strategize testing.
- Help in the development of use cases/user stories/requirements.
- Integrate the testing tools with continuous integration and continuous deployment systems
- Create detailed and comprehensive test strategies and test plans for testing data pipelines, client\server and mobile applications.
- Write different types of tests, such as Unit, Integration, Performance, Smoke, Regression and Acceptance for existing and new projects so as to ensure bug free software is delivered per the requirement
- Perform manual testing when required, log defects and provide feedback on product features and specifications
- Derive quality initiatives for educating, advocating and converting software quality best practices
- Keep abreast of new testing tools and strategies and evaluate the technologies to incorporate into the projects
What you bring to the table
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline.
- Good to have prior experience working in Salesforce
- Expertise in quality assurance processes, methodologies with hands on experience in creating test strategies, plans and test cases
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of software quality assurance, modern testing processes and methodologies.
- Previous experience preparing defect and improvement reports.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability
- Experience working in an Agile & Waterfall environment using tools like Jira and Confluence
- Proven experience in testing web-based applications
- Some working experience with GitHub
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems such as Jenkins
- Working experience using Katalon
- Good to have (not mandatory) knowledge on Drupal, PHP, jquery, CSS, HTML, REACT or VUE, Pantheon, Groovy
Do you want this job now?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume!
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.