Software Development Manager - O2E Brands
The “What’s in it for me?”
I will get to lead an agile team of Salesforce Development professionals and continue to enhance a customized and complex cloud CRM. I will drive collaboration, peer reviews and technically sound solutions for a growing business. I will attend scrum meetings with my Dev team and our company wide daily huddle! I will also make many new friends within our QA and BA teams as we collaborate and connect on a daily basis. I will positively impact our company wide success and revenue through developing a great platform that our sales agents, operations and all franchises (3000+ users) use on a daily basis and is the cornerstone of O2E Brands.
Who we are:
With our uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
A day in the life
- Work on all aspects of the Salesforce ecosystem (permissions, flows, reports, etc.)
- Engage with peers from the web development, QA, BA, Business Intelligence and architecture teams
- Manage a team of 6 Developers and 2 Administrators
- Support your Senior Developers by enhancing their solutioning, architecture and leadership skills
- Building and testing continual integration (3rd Party tools like SmartConnect, DemandTools, sDocs)
- Deployment (Gearset, Changesets, Data Loader)
- Help develop best practices in Salesforce usage
- Architect, design/code review on enhancements and fixes.
- Assist with selecting, solutioning, and implementing new Salesforce related technology solutions.
- Creating integration and development plans that provide scope and timeline for Development.
- Understand the ALM and CI process using GIT, branching, merging, deployments, etc.
- Maintain proper documentation of processes, policies, application configurations and continual modifications
- Work closely with Business Analysts on interpreting functional requirements
- Participation in scrum meetings and design review sessions using and maturing agile, Scrum, and other short order development methodologies
What you bring to the table
- Exceptional technical, people leadership and solutioning experience
- A firm grasp of team resourcing, budgeting and planning
- In the dream world, you have experience in developing with VisualForce and Apex according to SalesForce standards with a strong understanding of the Salesforce.com platform, including its limitations, tools, features, approaches and security requirements.
- Advanced skills in managing the source code control; execute tests; deploy packages.
- Experience developing for RESTful API and Salesforce1 mobile application.
- Strong competency in investigating inter-system issues using logs, database and network monitoring.
- Quality driven documentation practices (code comments, design documents, etc.)
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday.
Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Is this your next career step?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume!