Service Desk Specialist
Who we are
We’ve taken the “ordinary” world of home services and made it memorable by bringing exceptional customer service into the mix. With our three uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
This is where you come in
We’re looking for a Service Desk Specialist to provide second-tier application support within our Service Desk team. This role will focus on coaching our end users and resolving their issues in a fast paced environment. Serving as an escalation point for our tier 1 support team, you will also work closely with internal office teams to improve and streamline our existing processes, while implementing new and exciting projects! The position is based in our Vancouver Junktion.
What you will do
- Ownership & coordination of ticket request lifecycle, in a team acting as a single point of contact for all requests from the corporate office and franchise system
- Provide exceptional customer service by fostering a welcoming, positive, attentive and proactive relationship with our end users
- Timely response and achievement of service level goals on requests coming through email, phone, walk-up, or the ticketing system
- Capture and validate bug and enhancement requests, working closely with our Delivery team to drive fixes and improvements
- Function as a tier 2, application-level support point for requests requiring advanced systems knowledge, in-depth investigation, or increased permissions
- Directly support the Service Desk Support Team, providing overflow and coordinating as needed to maintain service level
- Escalate high priority requests to supporting teams for resolution and critical information to leadership as necessary
- Provide incident management support in coordinating communications & outage procedures
- Provide subject matter expertise on business and application processes
- Provide operational analysis for innovation and continuous improvement of service desk practices
- Coverage of the Service Desk hours aligned to business needs
- Documentation management and knowledge base practices for sharing critical information across teams and customers
- Oversee and provide subject matter expertise on the Franchise system support process/needs
- Participate in the purchasing & billing of hardware & software
What you bring to the table
- Self-starter who is motivated to provide quick delivery of service with exceptional customer service skills
- Strong analytical problem solving skills, with excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn systems to the point of expertise, problem-solving and troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of business process and needs - the ability to judge when complex issues and problems should be escalated upwards
- Highly technical and curious about systems - in-depth knowledge of Salesforce is a strong asset
- Basic knowledge of hardware/software setup and networking is a strong asset
We're all working from home at the moment but we sure are hoping to get back to collaborating in person someday soon. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Do you want this job now?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume!