Senior Tax Analyst - O2E Brands
O2E Brands is looking for an exceptional Senior Tax Analyst to join our growing Finance Department!
What people say about you
You found your passion for tax and the impact you could make on a business early on. You have a sharp eye for detail, and are energized by advising key stakeholders. You thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment that allows you to put your analytical cap on and get things done. Leadership comes naturally and you are seeking a place where you can grow with the business.
Who we are
With our four uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
A day in the life:
- Prepare Canadian Corporate income tax returns and US income tax working papers
- Manage all aspects of Canadian and US income and indirect tax audits
- Research and implement potential tax planning opportunities identified for the O2E Group
- Assist external advisors with researching and presenting individual tax planning opportunities for key Executives
- Prepare interim and year end tax provision working papers and memos to file
- Prepare transfer pricing annual update memo for review by external advisors, along with maintaining contemporaneous documents to support transfer pricing positions
- Prepare any informational tax returns (direct and/or indirect)
- Manage and prepare SRED claims
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual sales tax returns and process related payments
- Manage tax budget and ensure any variances are appropriately documented
- Manage and mitigate overall tax risks
- Effectively manage internal and external relationships
What you bring to the table:
- Experience preparing Canadian and/or US Corporate Income Tax Returns
- Completion of Level I and II of In-depth or equivalent experience
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written)
- Mitigating tax risks and problem solving is your forte
- Passion to communicate benefits of tax initiatives to key team members
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Is this the career step you've been seeking?
Send me a resume and let's talk about it!