Senior Accountant - O2E Brands
Who we are
We’ve taken the “ordinary” world of home services and made it memorable by bringing exceptional customer service into the mix. With our four uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
What your day to day will look like:
- Reporting to the Assistant Controller, assist with month-end close including creation and posting of journal entries, GL account reconciliations and other tasks as required
- Assist with annual review and audits, including preparation of working papers
- Investigate variances and propose adjusting entries to the Assistant Controller
- Complete bank reconciliations and EFT file uploads
- Provide backup for A/P and A/R as required
- Maintain working paper schedules for accruals, prepaid expenses, fixed asset depreciation, amortization of loans, deferred revenue, and intercompany transactions
- Prepare, post, and reconcile ad fund expense allocations, transfer pricing allocations, monthly revenues, and license fees between Canadian and US entities
- Initiate intercompany transfers, wire payments and bill payments through online banking
- Work closely with FP&A to ensure proper accounting and internal controls are maintained on a company-wide basis
- Assist with other ad hoc finance related projects
What you bring to the table:
- The ideal candidate is a designated CPA with experience working in financial accounting including a combination of accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting.
- Working experience with Great Plains is considered an asset
- Good knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Strong Excel skills
- Self motivated and takes initiative to get things done
- Strong attention to details and organization skills
- A fun and passionate personality
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Do you want this job now?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume and cover letter!