Salesforce Technical Architect - O2E Brands
We are all about People
At O2E Brands, our internal Salesforce Development Team is a pivotal part of our business success. You will join our Product Delivery scrum team, partnering with our BA, QA, and Developer functions. The Development team has 4 Developers, and 2 Administrators, who team up to build out our critical system with 3000+ users.
With our uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional! Salesforce is what keeps our business running and without it, we wouldn’t be able to provide exceptional service!
The “What’s in it for me?”
I will get to work on a leading cloud CRM and have the chance to help develop and enhance a highly customized, large, complex and challenging software. I will be a technical guru for all things Salesforce and be able to recommend best practice solutions. I will attend scrum meetings with the Dev team and our company wide daily huddle! I will also make many new friends within our QA and BA teams as we collaborate and connect on a daily basis. I will positively impact our company wide success and revenue through developing a great platform that our sales agents, operations and all franchises use on a daily basis and is the cornerstone of O2E Brands.
A day in the life
- Produce detailed technical and solution design documents for Salesforce.com
- Produce technical specifications for development and systems integration requirements including data architecture (common and custom data objects)
- Transform business requirements into detailed system requirements
- Assist in the planning of technical and business strategy roadmaps
- Provide functional architecture strategy and guidance for Salesforce.com development team
- Work with third party vendor to develop solutions for the configuration and customization of software
- Perform in-depth analysis as a participant in process definition, requirements gathering, design, configuration, and testing
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com functionality in order to identify requirements “trade-offs” that keep the project on schedule yet still meeting the business objective
- Ability to relate Salesforce.com functionalities to the business objectives that can be clearly understood by the business
- Communicate effectively, solve problems and identify and communicate project issues properly
- Participation in sprint, design review, scrum, and cycle debrief sessions using and maturing agile, Scrum, and other short order development methodologies
What you bring to the table
- BS or BA degree required, MA or MS degree in a technology field a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com development and architecture throughout the SDLC
- A diverse background in Agile development
- A track record of producing detailed technical and solution design documents
- A good understanding of Requirements Management, design and Implementation of Salesforce.com application cloud (Sales/Service/Marketing) and customized solutions, data and systems integration (APIs, Middleware solutions) and data/systems migration methodologies
- Salesforce.com certifications in Architecture and Administration desirable
- Field Service Management experience
- Team player with strong listening and interpersonal skills; strong desire to take on constructive feedback/coaching and make definitive changes; self-awareness and the ability to adapt communication and interaction styles to best suit an audience, situation, or desired outcome.
- Detail and quality oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Ability to be a self-starter and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday.
Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Is this your next career step?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume!