Public/Media Relations Specialist
O2E Brands is looking for an exceptional communicator to revolutionize how we connect with our customers through public relations and compelling content.
What’s In It For Me?I will get to flex my strengths in public relations, crafting compelling pitches and campaigns for local and national media. My ability to build relationships will help me ensure appropriate coverage in the media and my creativity will help me write local stories in a way that is compelling on multiple channels, in multiple markets. I will leverage a talented marketing team to create exciting, integrated campaigns.
What People Say About You:You are highly motivated, tenacious, and absolutely fearless when pitching the media. You are an exceptional, even gifted, writer with an uncanny ability to know what makes a great story and what is current and timely. You thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment where you can roll up your sleeves to get things done!
A Day In The Life:
- Create and implement publicity plans to ensure appropriate coverage in the media
- Develop creative pitches and targeted outreach lists
- Work with our team to support local and national integrated campaigns
- Work with our locations across North America to surface compelling local stories through owned, paid, earned and shared channels.
- Respond to media inquiries, aligning opportunities with appropriate business units
- Support social media team and content creation as necessary
What You Bring To The Table:
- Proven ability to craft and pitch stories to local and national media
- Relationships with local and national media venues
- Passion for translating stories into compelling content
- A collaborative working approach and desire to work as part of a team
- Background in public relations, media relations or journalism
Who We Are:
With our four uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
Does this sound like the role you've been waiting for? Send us a resume and let's talk about it!