Project Manager - O2E Brands
We’re all about people
We are O2E Brands and our name comes from what we do. With our four uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting and moving exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation O2E = Ordinary to Exceptional!
What people say about you
I’m at my best when helping others get organized to achieve results. I enjoy working with a broad spectrum of professionals, and use my endless curiosity to collect input and ideas at every opportunity. I am comfortable getting up in front of people to motivate and lead activity. I am skilled at holding myself and others accountable for commitments made in a way that both leads to results and fosters strong relationships. I consider myself an Agile project manager that makes juggling multiple projects look fun by calling upon my superior planning skills, attention to process, and positive outlook. I have worked on a broad spectrum of projects and have extensive experience with technological change and business transformation. I can call upon my analytical skills to support product managers understand and manage product backlogs, and can employ Agile / scrum methodology to deliver against those backlogs.
What you'll do
- Managing concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business units
- Defining project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organizing and leading project status and working meetings; preparing and distributing progress reports; managing risks and issues; correcting deviations from plans; and performing delivery planning for assigned projects
- Defining and managing project management processes and championing ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users
- Analyzing and assessing business needs on an ongoing basis to develop and manage project schedules, resources, and budgets
- Working closely with Product Managers in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project delivery across our technology platforms
- Assisting in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Establishing and monitoring key performance indicators for projects and focusing project activities on realizing the intended benefits of the project - metrics link to success and adoption
What you bring to the table
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices, and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- At an enterprise level, the ability to lead and manage, complex enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple Agile teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams
- At a team level, play a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools, as well as coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams including business leads, Developers, Business Analysts, and Quality Assurance team members
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and technology experts at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, while maintaining a “big picture” view of the objective
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand business needs and establish customer trust and confidence
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using project tools;
- Agile Project Management tools such as JIRA or equivalent
- Project Management tools such as Microsoft Project, Visio, Smartsheets, or equivalent
- A Bachelor’s degree
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing complex projects in a technology environment with multi-function teams.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with application development projects. PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Do you want this job now?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume and cover letter!