Privacy Specialist - O2E Brands
O2E Brands is looking for an exceptional Privacy Specialist to manage data privacy issues and organizational risk .
What's in it for me?
I will get to leave my mark on the business by building privacy strategy policies, frameworks and tools. I will leverage my deep understanding of data privacy to educate leaders and team members and manage risk in the business. I will lead the charge in evolving how we develop best practices and solutions to reduce risk and ensure protection and privacy of customer data. I will leverage my strategic approach and ability to instill confidence with internal and external teams.
I like to do work that has meaning and I’m excited about the opportunity to help people realize their dream of small business ownership. I can see that small business helps enhance our communities and provides job opportunities, and I want to be a part of this entrepreneurial movement.
Who we are:
With our uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
What you'll do:
- Build, execute and elaborate enterprise privacy strategy policies, frameworks and tools
- Proactively engage and partner with business and technology teams to ensure privacy standards are being met
- Monitor changes in privacy laws and guidelines as well as industry trends and best practices to ensure O2E framework of policies and tools remains relevant and effective
- Actively identify and address privacy risks across the organization - manage risk based on highest priority
- Educate leaders and team members and build internal competency within the organization around privacy and data protection
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence team to ensure data governance protocols align with data privacy and protection
- Act as liaison with authorities in cases associated with data protection and privacy issues
- Handle all enquiries associated with data issues, withdrawal of consent, right to be forgotten and related rights
- Ensure that systematic compliance audits are undertaken and that their findings are reported and acted upon.
What you bring to the table:
- Deep knowledge of data privacy, data handling and data classification.
- Demonstrated experience managing data privacy issues and organizational risk in a global organization.
- In-depth understanding of CASL (Canada), CAN SPAM (USA), the Spam Act 2003 (Australia), and other related data privacy legislation and guidelines
- Capable of conducting data privacy compliance reviews and audits.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to review, analyze and organize documentary and factual evidence.
- Ability to engage diverse stakeholders to lead change
- Rudimentary knowledge of the insurance Industry
Does this sound like the impact role you've been seeking?
Send me a resume and let's talk about it!
At O2E Brands we know that great talent comes in many forms and we want to meet you at your best. We will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities at any time throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or notify the Talent Acquisition team member you are working with if unique arrangements will enable your equal participation.