People Advisor - O2E Brands
O2E Brands is looking for a People Advisor to join our awesome People & Culture team. As a people & culture ambassador, you will embody our guiding principle: “It’s All About People”.
What people say about you
As a people & culture ambassador, my positive attitude and energy is infectious. I am looking to work with a fun and innovative People (human resources) team. I am passionate about building relationships and becoming a part of the teams I partner with. My track record of partnering and advising managers is what I am most proud of. I am a team player who is willing to roll up my sleeves and get into the thick of it to get things done.
Who we are
We’ve taken the “ordinary” world of home services and made it memorable by bringing exceptional customer service into the mix. With our four uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
A day in the life
- First point of contact for all HR related queries for people managers and team members
- Provide coaching and guidance to leaders regarding employment issues (ie. corrective action, leaves of absence, harassment, and terminations)
- Provide support for HR programs including annual performance reviews, individual development plans, annual employee engagement surveys, HR metrics and HR related awards and contests
- Identify gaps within client group, and propose solutions
- Provide training on HR content (ie. progressive discipline, attendance management, etc.)
- Cheerleader for culture initiatives, including Volunteam and 101 Life Goals
- Work with the People & Culture team on People related projects
- Be awesome and have fun!
What you bring to the table
- Proven experience in a People (HR) role supporting a client group (preference given to candidates who have experience partnering with an hourly client group)
- Degree with an HR concentration/interest in CPHR an asset
- Proven HR advising and coaching to front-line leaders, managers and team members
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to influence others, think strategically, and initiate improvements
- Positive and energetic personality with a passion for client support
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, Ontario. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday.
Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Does this sound like the role you've been waiting for?
Send me a resume and let's talk about it!