Media Buyer - O2E Brands
What people say about you
You are not a Media Buyer—yet. You may not even know what a Media Buyer is. But you are a natural salesperson and you have never been part of a negotiation for a contract or agreement that you haven't won! You have a strong ability to connect with others and persuade them to see your point of view. You are relentless in the pursuit of your own goals and go the extra mile to ensure the best deal is reached. You have faced rejection and handled it like a pro. You don’t take no for an answer and are a natural closer.
Who we are:
With our four uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me, and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional! O2E Brands fosters an environment for entrepreneurs to change their lives and be their own boss.
We have established a strong foothold in mass media across North America and are building this team to create an in-house agency for media buying - Exceptional Media. This team will utilize industry leading tactics to negotiate and purchase radio, television, and other mass media in every major metro. This team will service our four exceptional home service brands, but will also seek out and provide buying services to other businesses, establishing a new revenue stream for our organization.
What you will learn and develop
- Learn from and be mentored by the best in the discipline of buying media
- How to be a team in the media buying industry who is taking the road less travelled and succeed by being disruptive
- You will further develop your relationship building skills and elevate your awareness and ability to communicate with intention
- You will create an Individual Development plan, focused on developing skills and/ or behaviours that will amplify your toolbox
- In your first 90 days, you will be part of an onboarding program that is fun, interactive and comprehensive, designed to set you up for success and contribute from the start
- Maximizing your A-Player Factors: these are O2E Brands’ core competencies and key individual attributes that lead to success
What your day to day will look like
- Negotiate contracts with television, radio, and other mass media vendors
- Follow strict buying parameters for each market to deliver most effective media buys
- Meet buying objectives set for each market
- Creation of formal and informal proposals and reports on media buys
- Conduct regular audits of contracts and ensuring all clauses are upheld
- Reconcile monthly invoice discrepancies
- Presenting and speaking to results with key stakeholders and Managing Directors
What you'll bring to the table
- Experience in a professional sales environment
- Experience in with outside and outbound sales and business development across North America
- Ability to manage end to end negotiations
- Comfortable with full cycle sales (objection handling, negotiating, closing)
- Aptitude for numbers, reporting and presenting results
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- A strong ability to communicate goals and results to executives
- Proactive and self motivated to succeed
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Do you want this job now?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume!