Marketing Co-op - O2E Brands
O2E Brands are on the hunt for a Co-op student to join us for a May start for an 8month term! You will work as part of our exceptional marketing team. We have hired Co-ops for many years and can guarantee you will be a critical member of a fun, high-performing team, plus you will learn a TON!
Who we are
We’ve taken the “ordinary” world of home services and made it memorable by bringing exceptional customer service into the mix. With our three uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional! Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
What’s in it for me
ATTENTION! This is not your typical internship!
I will be joining a fast growing creative team that is more integrated than ever before, producing work across digital, print, video and web. I will learn about all things marketing and creative in this incredibly hands-on position. I will experience exceptional mentorship and learn from the senior designers on the team. I will work on a team where there is no shortage of fun things to do and will also have exposure to a huge range of stakeholders across the business. I will truly be a member of the team and make a huge impact on the business!
What you'll do
- Create marketing material for print and online including print advertising direct mail, print ads, flyers, and digital advertising such as social media and banner ads.
- Liaise with Franchise Partners throughout Canada, the US and Australia to assist with their design and artwork needs
- Reply to Franchise Partner’s tickets and assign them to the appropriate designer Complete internal Creative Requests in Trello, including editing headshots and resizing files
- Organize and maintain the design drive file, including filing naming conventions
- Work with the Production Manager to evaluate project needs and collaborate on timing and outcomes.
- Support with photoshoot production for our brands and Franchise Development. Help coordinate internal casting and props
- Production Assistance on set (craft service, talent coordination, and location prepping), and collaborate with Brand Coordinators on uniforms..
What you bring to the table
- 1+ years of marketing-focused school experience
- Educational background in Graphic Design or Marketing & Communications considered an asset
- Good understanding of visual media, Photoshop and video production are an asset
- An ability to problem solve and provide solution-oriented support for a variety of stakeholders
- Amazing customer service and people skills
- Exceptional communication
- Willingness to learn and ask questions!
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office, take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle, and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Do you want this job now?
Send us a resume and tell us why you are awesome!