Manager, Graphic Design - O2E Brands - 18 Month Contract
O2E Brands is looking for an exceptional Manager, Graphic Design for an 18 month maternity leave contract. You will lead an exceptional team of graphic and digital designers and produce amazing, on-brand designs.
Who we are:
With our four uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
What your day to day looks like
- Manage brand guidelines, championing consistency across our Franchise system of 4 home services brands
- Review creative briefs and appoint the proper team for execution, ensures deadline and deliverables are met, in conjunction with the Production Manager
- Provides ongoing support to Franchise Partners and corporate team for design requests; Completing tickets that are in line with desired business results and always ensuring they adhere to brand standards
- Creative campaign development; Contributes or leads design and brainstorm sessions that are in support of strategic objectives set by the brand and the Director, Creative Strategy
- Leads design brief-in process following project brief-in, working cross-functionally with other teams and departments, obtaining feedback and approvals from senior stakeholders
- Contributes or leads design presentations through moodboards, proposal preparations and involvement in the in-person creative pitch
- Coaches and manages a team of designers to pursue design excellence and adhere to our brand guidelines
- Initializes and develops ways in which the team can continue to grow, learn and be inspired
- Contributes to ongoing department evolution, quarterly planning, annual program management and integrated calendar planning
- Works with Production Manager to develop processes to better serve the design team for resource and time planning in a work-back method
- Develops and ensures adherence to process for larger scale creative requests from the brand, which includes a brief and communicated stakeholders so that designers have a clear path to produce succinct and successful creative
What you bring to the table
- A degree or diploma, or equivalent experience, in Graphic Design, or a related field
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud
- Strong experience in graphic/digital design paired with experience managing a team of graphic/digital designers
- Portfolio demonstrating graphic design principles and technical expertise
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with team members from many different departments
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple priorities under tight timelines
- Strong conceptual skills with a solid understanding of the digital landscape
- An excellent visual, layout and typographic sensibility
- Have sharp attention to detail and are a champion of consistency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project and time management skills to adhere to changing project timelines
- Experience working with and presenting to senior stakeholders, and effectively managing feedback process to drive to desired business result
- Experience directing photoshoots is an asset
- Experience managing an agency is an asset
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Do you want this job now?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume and include links to your portfolio!