Learning & Development Specialist - Shack Shine
Who we are:
Shack Shine, the rapidly growing sister company of 1-800-GOT-JUNK? and North America’s most trusted house detailing service, is looking for a Learning & Development Specialist to join our dynamic team! This is a brand new role that will partner with the Shack Shine leadership team in the development and facilitation of training programs and resources for both our franchise partners and internal teams.
Shack Shine is a part of the O2E Brands family, taking the ordinary business of home services and transforming it into something exceptional for our customers, it’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional! Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
What people say about you:
You seek to understand the learning and development needs of people and of the business, and how you can contribute to their growth and success. You have a strong sense of urgency and drive to get things done quickly and accurately. You are a detail-oriented and creative writer who loves creating and editing learning content that can be delivered through a variety of channels. You have the ability to simplify information into something that’s engaging and easily understood by a wide range of audiences. You can work well autonomously and are comfortable leading a training session.
What you day will look like:
- Analyze and assess key training and development needs for our Shack Shine franchise partners, sales center and field operations teams
- Partner with the Shack Shine leadership team to design and develop various training materials and resources
- Review and develop current coaching methodologies used by the field operations team when supporting franchise partners
- Refine training on the sales journey for our customers and how sales agents can leverage sales techniques to drive repeat business
- Create and facilitate training on career pathing and development for Shack Shine sales agents
- Leverage current O2E Brands training resources and develop training materials linked to O2E Brand initiatives
- Design and develop content suitable for a variety of delivery channels (e.g. face-to-face, publications, e-learning).
- Lead training sessions that are engaging, inspiring and innovative
- Be awesome and have fun!
What you will learn
- Using your knowledge and experience to influence and advise the leadership team on how to achieve key learning outcomes for their teams
- Building relationships with a diverse stakeholder group, we have franchises all across North America!
- Developing L&D strategies, you will be Shack Shine’s very first L&D Specialist so there is a huge opportunity to build out learning and development strategies and make a huge impact on this growing business.
- You will create a Personalized Professional Development plan, focused on developing skills, advancing in your current role or helping you get the next one!
- In your first 90 days, you will be part of an onboarding program that is fun, interactive and comprehensive, designed to set you up for success and contribute from the start
- Self-development, you will have the opportunity to apply for professional development funding towards an independent learning activity
- And so much more!
What you bring to the table:
- Proven experience with instructional design methodologies (E.g. ADDIE) and course development
- Experience applying adult learning theory and principles in the development of learning materials for a wide range of audiences and variety of delivery channels within set timeframes
- Experience facilitating needs analysis discussions with stakeholders to determine learning outcomes and needs
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Previous experience with facilitation / delivering in-person training is an asset
- Previous experience with mobile and/or e-learning platforms is an asset
- Previous project management experience specifically related to learning and development projects is an asset
- Certification and/or specialized training in adult learning principles or instructional design preferred
Life at the Junktion:
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday.
Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Does this sound like the job you've been seeking?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume