Junior Accountant - O2E Brands
Who we are
We’ve taken the “ordinary” world of home services and made it memorable by bringing exceptional customer service into the mix. With our three uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
This is where you come in
O2E Brands is looking for a Junior Accountant to join our growing team.
What your day will look like
- Coordinate with/assist controllership team members on full-cycle accounting tasks
- Support manager on the accounting management of the franchisee marketing program; verify received invoices and agree to purchase schedule and ensure completeness, accuracy, and existence
- Assist with month-end and year-end duties; prepare working paper for audit/review engagements as needed
- Prepare the monthly, quarterly, and annual Canadian, US, and Australian sales tax returns
- Assist with the preparation of the Canadian and US corporate tax returns; calculate and maintain the corporate income tax installment schedule
- Correspond with the Canada Revenue Agency and/or Internal Revenue Service to obtain tax information and/or resolve tax issues
- Prepare the monthly transfer pricing entries
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
What you bring to the table
- Degree in commerce/management/accounting or equivalent, working towards CPA
- Some experience in an accounting-related role, desired
- Strong Excel skills including vlookups and pivot tables
- Organized, meticulous, and a strong problem solver with a willingness to adapt to changes
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle account reconciliations and analysis including resolution of reconciling items
- Experience in Great Plains is an asset
We're all working from home at the moment but we sure are hoping to get back to collaborating in person someday soon. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Do you want this job now?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume!
At O2E Brands we know that great talent comes in many forms and we want to meet you at your best. We will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities at any time throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or notify the Talent Acquisition team member you are working with if unique arrangements will enable your equal participation.