Junior Accountant - O2E Brands
Who we are
We’ve taken the “ordinary” world of home services and made it memorable by bringing exceptional customer service into the mix. With our four uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
What’s in it for me
I will get to work with a team of amazing accounting and finance professionals. I will start my CPA education and begin on my career path towards being an Accountant. I will get exposure to full cycle accounting both assisting and owning pieces. I will learn from and be mentored by CPAs to build the foundation for a successful career in accounting!
What your day to day looks like
- Coordinate with/assist controllership team members on full-cycle accounting tasks
- Coordinate with/assist Accountant with preparation and delivery of Royalty Statements, penalty invoices and bill-back invoices to Franchise Partners
- Assist with month-end and year-end duties; prepare working paper for audit/review engagements as needed
- Assist with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable support tasks as needed
- Verify received invoices and agree to Buying Agent’s purchase schedule and ensure completeness, accuracy and existence
- Prepare Franchise Partner billings with a markup of the received media invoices
- Reconciliation of mass media accounts for manager’s review
What you bring to the table
- Degree in commerce/management/accounting or equivalent, working towards CPA
- 1 to 2 years in an accounting related role, desired
- Basic understanding of accounting standards (ASPE or US GAAP)
- Organized, meticulous, and a strong problem solver with willingness to adapt to changes
- Teamwork and collaboration skills to accomplish a task together
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment - we have a really high volume of transactions
- Experience with account reconciliations and analysis including resolution of reconciling items
- Strong Excel skills including vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience in Great Plains is an asset
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, Ontario. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday.
Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Send us your resume today!