Junior Accountant, Billing - O2E Brands
Who we are
We’ve taken the “ordinary” world of home services and made it memorable by bringing exceptional customer service into the mix. With our four uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
What’s in it for me
I will get to work with a team of amazing accounting and finance professionals. I will start my CPA education and begin on my career path towards being an Accountant (this role counts towards experience hours!). I will get to connect and build relationships with 80+ National Accounts and a great sales team internally. I will learn from and be mentored by CPAs to build the foundation for a successful career in accounting!
What your day to day will look like:
- Manage the invoicing process for our commercial customers that require information to come through a third party interface (“portal”)
- Process and review commercial accounts transactions for three countries including invoicing, batch postings, adjustment entries and EFT file preparation
- Implement controls and procedures to ensure accurate payments to Franchise Partners on a semi-monthly basis
- Create schedules, reconciliations/working papers, and month-end checklists related to portal billings using excel
- Collaborate with Account Managers to resolve portal accounts and Franchise Partners billing- and payment-related inquiries, provide resolutions on chargebacks, rate adjustments, discounts and tax exemption
- Review on-boarding of new commercial portal clients with Account Managers to ensure required documentation is gathered
- Provide support on systems and/or ad hoc projects
What you bring to the table:
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational, and customer service skills
- Post secondary education in accounting or business administration
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Must have the ability to stay on task with minimal supervision to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Must possess a “can-do” attitude
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Do you want this job now?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume and cover letter!