IT Operations (ITOps) Engineer - O2E Brands
O2E Brands is seeking a highly motivated, detailed oriented individual to join our Business Technology team as an ITOps Engineer, specifically focused on mobile device management. This position is a key role that is responsible for supporting our cloud and infrastructure strategy with an emphasis on scalability, security, and automation of infrastructure and manual operations. An important function of this role is the ability to document technical solutions and train across teams for the ongoing day to day support of our environments.
Who we are:
We are a Vancouver based home services business with brands you might be familiar with - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
A day in the life:
- Act as an advocate and technology leader for our various infrastructure platforms
- Participate in proactive planning, design, and implementation of network, computing and telecommunications infrastructure solutions
- Work with various teams and stakeholders to gather requirements in order to engineer and implement services that support the scalability, security, and automation of solutions consumed by our end users and business units.
- Lead the development and improvement of our mobile device management for our Windows and Apple devices through Microsoft Intune and Jamf Pro.
- Build and maintain various PowerShell and Bash scripts to automate and manage end user devices.
- Diagnose infrastructure and performance issues, deploying new infrastructure, and developing custom tooling
- Deploy and maintain highly available services in multiple AWS regions
- Manage traditional and cloud hosting environments as infrastructure-as-code
- Automate manual operational tasks, by creating automation playbooks in Terraform and Ansible to engineer scalable and robust infrastructure processes
- Implementing deployment and configuration strategies for new services, including provisioning resources, and go-live
- Continuous optimization of services on all layers (hardware, software) for high performance
- Monitoring of all critical services, and addressing problems as they arise including any needed changes in code, topology, resources, or configuration
- Act as an escalation point for the assessment and resolution of tier 3 support issues in a 24 / 7 environment
- Co-own technical relationships with several service providers and vendors
What you bring to the table (the dream list):
- Strong coding skills in scripting languages (bash/Perl/Python/PowerShell)
- Windows and Apple device automation and management through Microsoft Intunes and Jamf Pro
- A background in Linux/Windows internals, administration and networking extremely helpful
- Proficient knowledge of Amazon Web Services an asset
- Previous use of deployment and configuration management technologies (Ansible, Puppet, Chef etc)
- Proficient knowledge of telephony concepts and protocols ( SIP and VOIP. Experience with Genesys products a plus)
- Technical background with Infrastructure-as-Code and CI technologies (Terraform, Cloudformation, Jenkins etc)
- Layer 2 and layer 3 networking protocols (VLANs, PortChannel, BGP etc); experience with Fortinet is a plus.
Is this the role you've been seeking to flex your technical skills?
Send me a resume and let's talk about it!