Director, Business Solutions & Delivery - O2E Brands
O2E Brands is looking for an exceptional business technology leader to help revolutionize how our rapidly growing business innovates.
What's in it for me?
I will get to flex my strength as a natural leader and strategist, helping our brands develop and execute on a vision, as well as understand and streamline their businesses. I will lead talented, passionate project management, business analysis, software development, and software quality assurance teams from solution inception through to project planning and delivery. I will foster a culture of planfulness, collaboration and innovation.
Who we are:
With our four uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
A day in the life:
- Lead and mentor teams that are responsible to drive the development of both innovative and enterprise business solutions across the organization
- Accountability and oversight of project delivery across multiple programs and technology platforms using a combination of agile and waterfall methodologies
- Work closely with O2E leadership to understand and challenge O2E strategy, ensuring clear articulation and prioritization of organizational initiatives
- Leading team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Establishing and monitoring key performance indicators for teams and our technology platforms
- Ownership and advocation of our the O2E “delivery” culture in terms of its direct execution and the service it provides, but equally through a center of excellence approach that further empowers business stakeholders
What you bring to the table:
- Previous leadership experience with interdisciplinary technology teams, with a strong understanding of business analysis / solutions development, project management / delivery, software development, and software quality assurance functions
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices, and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a situation or business environment
- Have worked on a broad spectrum of projects and have extensive experience with technological change and business transformation
- Experience working at the portfolio and program level, understanding how to lead and manage interdependencies across an organization
- Have worked with business stakeholders with a focus on engagement, process optimization, people development and technology
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand business needs and establish customer trust and confidence
- Professional and confident demeanor with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- A proven track record of successfully implementing business solutions at the enterprise level, with emphasis on software or web development projects using Agile methodologies
- Ability to understand the “big picture” of an organization, and in turn develop strategies that will enable the organization to meet its goals
- At a Director level, play the role to put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools, as well as coaching leaders to optimize their effectiveness and efficiency
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and technology experts at all levels of the organization
- Direct experience with Salesforce and Drupal platforms consider a plus
Is this the technology leadership challenge you've been seeking? Send me a resume and let's talk about your next career step.