Development Manager - O2E Brands
This is where you come in
O2E Brands is looking for a Development Manager to join our Business Technology team and progress our development function by leading the web development and Salesforce development teams. You will lead a high performing, collaborative and passionate agile team of 4 Drupal Developers who are responsible for over 100 Million in revenue from our online booking engine. Our 5 person Salesforce Development team builds and maintains a platform with 3000+ users and us a critical tool for our Franchise Partners in Canada, United States, and Australia. This position is located at our Vancouver corporate office, The Junktion.
Who we are:
With our uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional! And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
What your day to day will look like
- Drive the evolution and maintenance of existing websites, as well as the delivery of new ones
- Manage a team of 4 Drupal Developers and 5 Salesforce Developers driving engagement, productivity and quality
- Partner with scrum teams to drive agile best practices
- Allocate resources accordingly for projects and continuous improvement processes
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance, Business Solutions, Project Management and business units
- Managing the monitoring and reporting of our production environment status to ensure ‘an always on’ availability
- Ensuring continual connection and consistent data flow to our internal booking system
- Interpret customer/internal requirements to establish complete and accurate functional specifications and product documentation
- Partner with technical experts to provide coaching, leadership and growth opportunities for our developers
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a post-secondary diploma in a related field
- Experience leading agile development teams
- Experience with Software and/or Web development
- Exceptional experience managing technical teams, even when you don't do their job
- Ability to lead and develop new and existing team members
- A track record in managing projects and delivery quality releases
- Interest in contributing back to the open source community through custom module development
- Strong collaborative skills and experience working in cross-functional teams
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast pace environment
Do you want this job now?
Tell us why you are awesome and submit your resume
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.