Data Engineer - O2E Brands
What People Say About You
We are looking for someone who has a passion for data and knows the value of clean and organized data. You have a clear view of the end result of BI: deploying meaningful and insightful information to audiences. You know how to get accurate and secure data pipelines flowing, all the way from extraction, to transformation, to the various endpoints, whether they're reports, models, other integrated applications, or stunning and interactive dashboards and data apps. The position is based in our Vancouver Junktion.
We’ve taken the “ordinary” world of home services and made it memorable by bringing exceptional customer service into the mix. With our uniquely branded home services franchises -1-800-GOT-JUNK?,WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
What your day to day will look like
- Build, document, and be accountable for quality and robustness of various data pipelines
- Work with partner teams in our Business Technology Department to evaluate, provide feedback, and adapt to changes in various systems that produce data we warehouse
- Observing data governance policies, managing user accesses, and taking a security/confidentiality-first approach to sharing data
- Produce high-integrity, transparent, and reconcilable data on a regular basis using our standard toolkit
- Report issues with data quality and creating automated checks on data quality
- Regularly meet with partner departments to gather, prioritize, and fulfill their information requirements
- Find ways to automate data-related tasks and builds tools for the BI team and others to multiply capacity
- Contribute to the enhancement and expansion of O2E Brand’s information portal with new content and functionality
- Contribute to our data dictionary and proactively identifies impacts to data definitions based on process or system changes across the business
What you bring to the table
- Proficiency in SQL
- Team player attitude with a strong desire to help our partner departments be as successful as possible
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in R (preferred) and/or Python
- Hands-on experience building & maintaining data architecture in an enterprise environment
- Able to operate with a high level of autonomy
- Experience working with version control
- Passion for building software and/or systems and processes with high impact, high transparency, and easy business adoption
- Working knowledge of Linux (preferably Ubuntu) and cron
- Strong understanding of PHP is a plus
- Experience with BI tools including Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, BusinessObjects, Chartio, Shiny, or other BI tools with similar capabilities
- Experience in software development, data analytics, or data engineering
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Is this your job?
Tell us why you’re awesome by submitting your resume!