Cyber Security Specialist - O2E Brands
About O2E Brands:
With our uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team.
This is where you come in:
O2E Brands is seeking a seasoned security professional to develop and implement our organizational security framework and roadmap. Are you someone who is passionate about using their cybersecurity expertise to design, implement and optimize processes, and act as an advocate to build and maintain an organizational security mindset? In this role, you will be involved in assessing our current state, then designing, developing, and deploying security technologies, and providing insight and guidance into security solutions. This role will require strategic insight, as well as hands-on technical expertise to support the deployment and ongoing management of recommended solutions.
What your day will look like:
- Provide ongoing internal security advocacy and awareness training
- Assess security systems and seek improvements on a continuous basis
- Proactively test applications and infrastructure for vulnerabilities
- Translate organizational security objectives into operational priorities
- Develop best practices and security standards for the organization
- Mentor & develop the team and provide in-the-moment guidance related to making decisions that could impact the organization’s security posture
- Find cost-effective solutions to cybersecurity problems
- Report possible threats or software issues and drive remediation initiatives
- Manage the backlog of security tickets and help with operational prioritization
- Recommend and deploy tools to manage security in the delivery pipelines and production systems
- Provide advice on security bug remediation to operational and development teams
What you bring to the table:
- Proven experience in a similar role, probably developed from previous roles as an information security specialist, architect or manager
- Experience working in a cloud (AWS would be great!) environment with CI/CD along with extensive familiarity with Unix / Linux based operating systems
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure and application security vulnerabilities
- Specific experience in dynamic security testing techniques and tools like Burp Suite, Nikto, Appscan, Paros, Fiddler, WebInspect, Skipfish, etc.
- Creativity and an innovative approach to seeking new and better ways of doing things, generate original and imaginative ideas, products, and solutions
- An organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems, looking beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of the problem
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a similar field along with cloud engineering and security certifications (i.e. CISSP, CISM, CEH, etc.)
- Immediate eligibility to work in Canada
We're all working from home at the moment but we sure are hoping to get back to collaborating in person someday soon. Not only do we have a cool office, but we also offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
At O2E Brands we know that great talent comes in many forms and we want to meet you at your best. We will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities at any time throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com or notify the Talent Acquisition team member you are working with if unique arrangements will enable your equal participation.