Corporate Controller, Maternity Leave - O2E Brands
This is where you come in
We are looking for an Interim Corporate Controller to join our Finance team. Reporting to the CFO, the Interim Controller will lead Accounting, AP and Franchise AR teams and have responsibilities for all of our brands. The Interim Controller will also work closely with the CFO and other members of our Leadership Team to provide support on financial matters.
What people say about you
You are an experienced leader who loves rolling up their sleeves up to get things done. You are able to dive into the details without losing sight of the big picture. As a natural leader, you are excited about mentoring and developing your team to succeed. You thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where your days are filled with a variety of responsibilities and interactions with different stakeholders.
Who we are:
With our four uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
What your day to day will look like
- Lead and mentor your teams
- Prepare and complete statutory and consolidated financial statements on a monthly basis for review by the CFO and senior management team
- Oversee preparation of all financial statements including journal entries and timely monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Oversee all financial information and reporting for all of our brands including information needed for Franchise Disclosure Documents
- Plan and supervise the preparation of working papers for year-end reviews and audits and ensure that the engagements run efficiently with minimal/no year end adjustments
- Provide backup for other functions within the finance team as needed
- Provide leadership for continuous process improvement including tools and technology improvements including but not limited to Great Plains by Microsoft
- Work closely with the FPA team to provide timely, accurate actual results
- Collaborate with the appropriate personnel/department leaders to move forward with projects and initiatives important to progress the finance function
- Identify process improvements
- Ensure a high team engagement survey score with regular participation in action planning sessions, check ins and implementation of agreed actions
- Create policy and procedures where it will help to streamline financial processes
What you bring to the table
- An accounting designation (CPA or CA) in good standing
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
- Strong experience in a progressive accounting and finance roles including supervision of teams
- A natural leader, coach and mentor who loves developing a team
- Experience using Great Plains and other accounting systems is an asset
- Working experience with corporate tax in both Canada and the US
- Awesome communication skills with a positive and optimistic, can do personality
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too, there’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Do you want this job now?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume