Communication Coordinator Internship
Who we are
We’ve taken the ordinary world of home services and made them exceptional by providing exceptional customer service. With our four uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
This is where you come in
With the growth across our organization, we offer an exciting, dynamic work environment with plenty of opportunity. We are looking for a dynamic Communications Co-op to provide integral support across our entire team. Working with members of the Communications & Events team, the Communications Co-op functions as a universal project member who will move between a wide variety of areas within the department. You enjoy a fast-paced, challenging and fun work environment that gives you the opportunity to grow with and lend your expertise to the success of an international organization.
What people say about you:
- You’re comfortable working with a diverse group of people
- You're a team player, enthusiastic, and eager to learn
- You have a passion for interesting people, and resonate with O2E’s core values of professional, integrity, passion and empathy
What your day to day will look:
- Assisting with the organization and execution of forums and web-conferences, including the development of presentation materials
- Writing, editing, and distributing communications for corporate staff
- Work with departments across the Junktion to gather and write stories relevant to Franchise Partners and the Junktion
- Support in migrating and refreshing franchise content as part of our social engagement project
- Creating basic video and graphics to make content pop!
- Creating and publishing regular online postings and weekly e-news bulletins
- Perform administrative tasks as neededAbility to multi-task and manage multiple requests
What you'll bring to the table:
- You have a nose for a compelling story about our people and great at telling it through our channels
- Strong writing ability and attention to detail
- Familiarity with Google Suite (or the confidence to pick it up quickly!)
- Experience with email newsletter platforms or web-publishing/content management systems is a bonus
- Eager to learn how to use new tools to create multimedia content
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Do you want this job now?Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume and cover letter!