Administrative Assistant - O2E Brands - Maternity Leave
O2E Brands is looking for an exceptional Administrative Assistant to support a busy senior executive on a 1 year Maternity Leave contract. The Administrative Assistant will be the go to person- if you don't know the answer to the question being asked, you sure know where to go! Someone with outstanding organisational skills looking to learn from experienced leadership will excel in this role!
What people say about you
You are a proactive and out of the box thinker with a sharp eye for detail. You are a go-getter, and love to take on new challenges and live to wow your stakeholders. As a fun and energetic addition to our team, you are highly motivated to use your organizational strengths to achieve goals. You learn quickly and love to learn new skills and technology to support different projects. You are passionate about growth; both in business objectives and your professional and career development.
What you will learn
There is no limit to the learning potential in this role. You will have daily exposure to the leaders of the business as they are building the strategy for our growth. An opportunity to be a fly on the wall- you will attend meetings with different departments across our organization, and be able to understand their strategy. You will be trained and mentored by some of the best administrators in the business. You will participate in several learning tracks from our initial 90 day onboarding program to A Player Development meetings and the 101 Life Goals program.
Your day to day:
- Boss a senior executive into giving up a variety of administrative tasks, including ownership of their schedule
- Apply your swift common sense to prioritize meetings and demands for time
- Make sure those little monthly tasks we all put off are done and off your plate - expense reports, invoices, etc.
- Anticipate - learn what is needed to support on projects, documents and presentations and then take ownership
- Relationship builder- get to know all of your peers so you can get the answers you need, solution problems and let them know you're the go-to
- Handle sensitive and confidential information discreetly
What you bring to the table:
- You've excelled in an administrative or coordination role where you were known as the go-to for the team
- Quick on your feet- you seek to find a solution to a problem and you have a reputation for figuring it out; you clearly understand how to assess the importance of tasks and decisions
- You beam confidence- you have no problem liaising with senior stakeholders, both internal and external
- Bossy in the best way, you're comfortable taking ownership of tasks your manager shouldn't be doing
- Superb organization skills - you're itching to jump in and reorganize things the way they SHOULD be
- Willing to “roll up your sleeves” to get things done
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written) - you craft a mean email and can have a conversation with anyone
- Excellent computer skills (Google apps an asset - Gmail, Sheets, Slides, Docs)
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we encourage professional growth for our employees, we also have a 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list!
Is this the role you've been on the hunt for? Woohoo!
Send us your resume and let us know why you are perfect for the role!