Accounting Manager- O2E Brands
Who we are:
With our uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional! And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
What’s in it for me
I will get to lead a team of passionate accounting professionals and produce exceptional financial reporting. I will mentor rising stars on the path to complete their CPA. I will advise and influence our leadership team and drive effective financial decision making based on my teams reporting. I will partner with my colleagues in tax, fp&a and operational accounting to provide the business with effective, timely and accurate financials.
What your day to day looks like
- Oversee the month-end closing process to ensure completion of procedures in an accurate and timely manner
- Review and approve bank reconciliations, general journal entries and validating with supporting documents
- Conduct variance analysis on monthly financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and ASPE, present results at the month-end meeting with FP&A, Corporate Controller and CFO
- Review monthly binders containing all financial statements and supporting documents; provide review notes, if any, to the preparers to ensure sufficient details are included in the binders for record-keeping
- Manage and maintain all accounting documentation around policies and procedure
- Research and recommend accounting treatments for new circumstances and adoption of new reporting standards
- Manage year-end audit and review engagements for all entities
- Help identify process improvement opportunities and propose an execution plan to discuss with Corporate Controller
- Support Senior Tax Analyst on regular and annual tax filing by providing financial information as requested in a timely manner
- Supervise and provide training to the team of accountants on full-cycle accounting tasks as needed
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with direct reports and guide them in accomplishing their short-term and long-term goals
- Support Corporate Controller with ad-hoc requests
What you bring to the table
- Designated CPA (CA/CMA/CGA)
- Experience leading teams and ideally with experience in private enterprise audit
- Solid understanding of ASPE and US GAAP or IFRS
- Adaptable, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong work ethics and accountability
- Great leadership to supervise and motivate direct reports
- Ability to prioritize tasks independently and meet strict deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plain is an asset
Sound like the perfect job for you?
Send us your resume today!
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, On. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday.
Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.