Accountant - O2E Brands
Who we are:
With our uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional! And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
What’s in it for me
I will get to work with a team of amazing accounting and financial reporting professionals. I will continue my CPA education on my path towards being a designated Accountant. I will get exposure to full cycle accounting and financial reporting both assisting and owning pieces. I will learn from and be mentored by CPAs to build the foundation for a successful career in accounting!
What your day to day looks like
- Maintain working paper schedules and complete assigned month-end procedures in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements variance analysis for the month-end meeting with Corporate Controller, FP&A and CFO
- Prepare month-end binder for manager’s review
- Record general journal entries upon request and validating entries with supporting documents
- Bank reconciliation, including processing bank deposits, resolving discrepancies and making associated finance entries.
- Assists with process improvements and workflow streamlining projects
- Assist with year-end audit/review requests
- Assist with other tax filings and special financial projects as required
- Support manager and Corporate Controller with ad-hoc requests as needed
What you bring to the table
- Degree in commerce/management/accounting or equivalent,
- Close to the completion of CFE in the CPA process
- Experience in a full cycle accounting role
- Organized, meticulous, and a strong problem-solver with a willingness to adapt to changes
- Strong work ethics and accountability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- In-depth knowledge Excel skills including vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience in Microsoft Great Plains or similar systems
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, Ontario. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday.
Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Send us your resume today!