Web Developer (Junior) - O2E Brands
We are looking for a Web Developer to join our Business Technology team and take on the responsibility of supporting administration and development of our web platform. Prior experience is an asset, but if you have the ability to learn and grow within the organization then you’ve come to the right place.
This position will work closely with the Web Operations, SEO, PPC, Creative and Email Marketing teams to create, manage and enhance our websites and web programs. This role will support development of new web content, SEO and analytics initiatives that will help drive new business for our Franchise Partners in Canada, United States and Australia. This position is located at our Vancouver corporate office - The Junktion.
- Supporting the creation, evolution and maintenance of existing digital content through PHP/HTML/CSS/JS coding, content administration via our Drupal Content Management System and Email Marketing tools
- Supporting the resolution of Web/SEO/PPC technical issues across our web, mobile and email platforms
- Interpret customer/internal requirements to establish complete and accurate functional and content-related specifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a post-secondary diploma in a related field (or equivalent professional experience)
- Coding experience and/or interest in implementation of web development scripts and technologies: ie PHP, Drupal, JQuery, AMP, Rest APIs
- Experience and/or interest in utilizing technologies such as Jenkins, Ansible, Behat and Github
- Strong collaborative skills and experience working in cross-functional teams
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast pace environment
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Junktion - [juhnghk-shuhn] - nouna place where people join together with common goals and create shared success.a place where people and ideas meet, are joined, cross or converge.
- The term ‘Junktion’ is more than just a play on words; it’s our name for the Vancouver Head Office. Located in Mount Pleasant just steps away from downtown, our open concept office overlooks Science World and the North Shore Mountains. Team members hang out on our bean bag chairs, host meetings at our bar, take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting, and get together for a drink on First Round Fridays.
- Effectively create and maintain web content in a timely manner, based on provided documentation and specifications
- Provide exceptional support and service levels to Marketing content initiatives
- Engage in collaboration with Marketing and Web Operations to solicit requirements and troubleshoot issues related to web content
- Provide valuable feedback during the design, implementation, and QA process for Marketing web initiatives
- Successfully multitask and manage priorities
If you are excited to start your career in web development apply today and be a part of our awesome team!