Senior IT Systems Analyst
O2E Brands is looking for an exceptional Senior IT Systems Analyst to serve as a change agent to identify organizational improvements, design systems and motivate others to use them. In addition to familiarity with server and network infrastructure, this role will have a specific focus on the support, maintenance, and evolution of our contact center (telephony) platform.
What's in it for me?
I will get to flex my strength as a communicator, working closely with our brands to understand their business and technology need, gathering feedback from stakeholders to continue improving systems. I will have my hand in designing, analyzing and implementing efficient IT systems based on industry best practices and standards. I will work with a team that believes in collaboration and innovation.
Who we are:
With our four uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
A day in the life:
- Act as an advocate and technology leader for our various infrastructure platforms, with a strong focus on telephony and contract center technologies
- Create, establish, and maintain IT best practices, standards, and policy across our technology platforms
- Participate in proactive planning, design, and implementation of network, computing and telecommunications infrastructure solutions
- Develop and implement IT system security plans, projects, and initiatives
- Create, test and implement network disaster recovery plans
- Collaborate closely with Service Desk and Desktop teams to ensure the smooth and efficient resolution of support and maintenance tasks
- Act as an escalation point for the assessment and resolution of tier 3 support issues in a 24 / 7 environment
- Manage Windows and Linux based servers, both virtual and physical
- Network and system administration (including SQL Servers, the Microsoft System Center suite, Great Plains, backup, security management, user account management, corporate systems including email, web servers, internet access, office systems, and application support)
- Assists with technology investment planning through ongoing research
What you bring to the table:
- Passionate about technology and how it can solve business problems across any organization
- A proactive and structured approach to establishing IT best practices, standards, and processes in a way that boosts the efficiency of IT teams as well as the quality and health of our technology platforms
- A collaborative mindset that fosters engagement with peers, IT managers, business users, and vendors in order to provide timely and efficient IT coordination of infrastructure and security services
- Excellent communication skills, an analytical mindset and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong understanding of switching and routing equipment, firewalls, SANs, wireless infrastructure, and various other network appliances
- Proven experience in network and system administration (including SQL Servers, the Microsoft System Center suite, Great Plains, backup, security management, user account management, corporate systems including email, web servers, internet access, office systems, and application support)
- Experience in project management an asset
Is this the technology role you've been seeking? Send me a resume and let's talk about your next career step.