Manager, Payroll & Benefits - O2E Brands
Who we are
We’ve taken the “ordinary” world of home services and made it memorable by bringing exceptional customer service into the mix. With our four uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
What your day to day will look like:
- Provide leadership and coaching to team
- Oversee and process full cycle semi-monthly Canadian (BC & ON) & US payroll for hourly and salaried team members
- Oversee HR & payroll operations processes including new hires, employee changes, terminations, manual payments
- Ensure compliance with federal, provincial and state statutory regulations
- Prepare and review journal entries, working closely with the Finance team on reconciliation and reporting
- Run reporting and analysis for HR & payroll items including general ledger, workers’ compensation, terminations, records of employment etc.
- Manage remittances including garnishments, workers’ compensation, employer health tax, etc.
- Oversee and complete year-end processes including T4, W2 and remittance reconciliation
- Provide support and training for payroll-related systems
- Partner with Finance and People teams in developing, implementing and supporting internal policies and procedures
- Be point of contact for HRIS/Payroll system related changes and enhancements
- Administer group benefits plans (Canada & US) including renewals, open enrollments and administrative and compliance updates
- Lead payroll & benefits process improvements and initiatives
- Support various internal projects within the business as required
- Strong working experience with UltiPro (CoreHR and Payroll, US and Canada)
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Is this the job you've been waiting for?
Send me a resume and let's talk about it!