Manager, IT Support - O2E Brands
Who we are:
With our uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
This is where you come in:
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, detailed oriented individual to join our Business Technology team as a Manager, IT Support. This position is responsible for overseeing our IT Services function, the majority of which is focused on ensuring our customers have the systems, tools, and environments that enable them to work effectively while maintaining company best practices in system and security.
This position is based out of our Vancouver corporate office, The Junktion.
What is the Junktion?
Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON
What your day to day will look like:
- Responsible for leading the support program for all end user technology services, including applications, desktops/laptops, conferencing systems, and telephony.
- Responsible for performance management of his/her direct team members – daily standups, long term and short term goals, development plans, coaching, etc.
- Create and manage schedules for his/her team to provide coverage during business hours as well as participation in the on-call rotations during off-peak hours.
- Effectively communicate departmental goals, expectations to team members
- Ongoing review and audit of incidents, services requests, problems and calls; coaching team members as appropriate
- Lead the development and adherence of service level agreements, best practices, standards, and policies.
- Continuous improvement and development of knowledge articles and playbooks to support the team and our users in the setup, installation, and configuration of hardware and software in compliance with internal controls, standards, and policies.
- Ongoing management of the organizational hardware program including responsibility for hardware procurement, inventory management, and our evergreen refresh program.
- Collaboration with Service Desk and Operations teams to ensure effective end-to-end reporting, support, and maintenance processes are in place across IT Operations
- Collaborate with the Director, IT Operations as well as the Business Technology Delivery team to plan and implement medium to long-term projects
- Propose operating budgets, including hardware and software purchases
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with the business
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers
What you bring to the table:
- Degree or Diploma in a Computer Related Field from a University, College or Technical School - an asset
- 5+ years experience in the field of information technology
- 3+ years experience leading a team
- Strong working knowledge of ITSM platforms (IT Service Management)
- Experience in multi-site companies providing mainly remote support
- ITIL certifications (framework of best practices e.g. incident/ change management) or knowledge is a strong asset
- Customer Service oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Intune, Jamf Pro, FreshService, Active Directory, Azure AD, Office 365, Powershell, Bash, Genesys Purecloud, G-suite & Zoom or related technologies
Life at the Junktion
Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.