Manager, IT Support
We Are All About People
And when that’s your motto, you’d better have great people to back it up! We have an incredible Business Technology team who are the masterminds behind the technology that allows us to provide an exceptional service to our customers.
With our uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
It’s our people who keep our business running and without them, we wouldn’t be able to provide exceptional service! Could you be one of them?
Our Business Technology team is evolving and we are seeking a highly motivated and detailed-oriented Manager, IT Support to help us take our team and the way we service our customers to the next level. You will be responsible for overseeing all of our IT Service functions, focusing on ensuring our customers have the systems, tools, and environments that enable them to work effectively while maintaining company best practices in system and security.
The day to day:
- Leading the support program for all end user technology services; including applications, desktops/laptops, conferencing systems, and telephony
- Driving the performance of your team members through 1:1s, development plans, coaching, etc.
- Creating and managing schedules for the team to provide coverage during business hours as well as participation in the on-call rotations during off-peak hours
- Ongoing review and audit of incidents, services requests, problems and calls; coaching team members as appropriate
- Leading the development and adherence of service level agreements, best practices, standards, and policies
- Continuous improvement and development of knowledge articles and playbooks to support the team and our users in the setup, installation, and configuration of hardware and software in compliance with internal controls, standards, and policies
- Ongoing management of the organizational hardware program including responsibility for hardware procurement, inventory management, and our evergreen refresh program
- Collaboration with Service Desk and Operations teams to ensure effective end-to-end reporting, support, and maintenance processes are in place across IT Operations
- Collaborate with the Director, IT Operations as well as the Business Technology Delivery team to plan and implement medium to long-term projects
- Propose operating budgets, including hardware and software purchases
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with the business
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers
What you bring to the table:
- Degree or Diploma in a computer related field and/ or technical experience leading a small team considered an asset
- 5+ years’ experience in the field of information technology
- Experience in multi-site companies providing mainly remote support
- ITIL certifications or knowledge is a strong asset
- Technical knowledge of: Windows and Apple support; Video Conferencing systems such as HighFive and Zoom; Mobile Device Management: eg. Microsoft Intune, Jamf Pro; Scripting capabilities such as Powershell and Bash
- Networking certifications are an asset
- Strong working knowledge of ITSM platforms
- Customer Service oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.