Manager, Desktop Support - O2E Brands
What's in it for me?
O2E Brands is looking for an exceptional Manager, Desktop Support who will lead a white glove service team providing seamless deskside and remote support to end users. You will drive innovation and advancement as a leader on our IT Operations team. Our Manager, Desktop Support will get to balance their technical knowledge, interpersonal skills and problem solving ability. Lastly you will work in partnership with our Service Desk and Infrastructure teams to ensure our 24/7 business environment is running efficiently.
Who we are:With our four uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
What your day to day will look like
- Responsible for the coordination, implementation, and management of the overall Desktop function across our business, including related leadership responsibilities of the Desktop team at both our Vancouver and Toronto offices
- Development, launch, and ongoing management of an organizational hardware replacement program that proactively ensures our desktop infrastructure is fast and reliable for our end users. This includes responsibility for hardware procurement and inventory management.
- Performs, analyzes, and assists in a variety of IT support activities including; providing support to end users in problem resolution, guiding end users through troubleshooting procedures, developing troubleshooting scripts, and leading the Desktop team in the setup, installation, and configuration of Desktop hardware and software in compliance with internal controls, standards, and policies
- Monitors problem management database and follows up with assigned personnel to ensure timely resolution of problems
- Collaboration with Service Desk and Infrastructure teams to ensure effective end-to-end reporting, support, and maintenance processes are in place across IT Operations
- Lead the development and adherence of Desktop service level agreements, best practices, standards, and policies
- Collaborate with the Director, IT Operations as well as the Business Technology Delivery team to plan and implement medium to long-term projects
- Propose Desktop support operating budget, including hardware and software purchases, and periodically discuss the progress of the Operating budget with the Director, IT Operations
- Coordination and participates in the on-call rotations during off-peak hours to respond to support service issues
What you bring to the table
- Self-motivated and goal driven, with the ability to multitask and to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated management and decision making skills concerning IT policies, processes and procedures, with a proven track record of completing tasks and/or projects within budget and on schedule
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent customer service, written and oral skills.
- Knowledge of Windows Desktop hardware and applications; various operating systems such as Windows 10 as well as Server 2008 R2 and Server 2012R2 are a plus.
- Knowledge of principles and terminology of networking on the Layer 1 and 2. Familiarity with Cisco-Meraki Wireless Networks considered a plus
- Knowledge and demonstrated expertise with the management and support of Microsoft Active Directory Domains.
- Knowledge and demonstrated expertise with the management and support of Google G-Suite and Salesforce and other common productivity applications.
- Knowledge of Anti-Virus applications such as Sophos is a plus
- Completion of a post secondary diploma or undergraduate technology program
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Do you want this job now?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume!