Manager, Content - Maternity Leave - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?
1-800-GOT-JUNK?, is more than the world famous junk removal franchise dedicated to helping people declutter and reclaim their space - we are an award winning company who has been recognized for our exceptional culture by Great Place to Work Institute Canada, BC Business Magazine and Top 10 Most Admired Cultures.
We currently have a unique opportunity to join us as a Manager, Content, covering a year long maternity leave. Could this be the role you’ve been seeking to take that next career step with a globally recognized brand?
What people say about you
I am a content strategist and exceptional storyteller, leveraging PR and Social to bring globally admired brands to life. I know the 1-800-GOT-JUNK? brand - it’s the company Oprah told the world about, it’s featured in the NY Times and the Wall Street Journal and I am inspired by the story. I am passionate about leading teams and have a track record of success in developing and fostering a positive team environment.
A day in the life
- Lead compelling content for 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, telling our story across channels on a variety of platforms
- Deliver a public relations program that enables our Franchise Partners to generate and leverage local content
- With your PR talent, negotiate and coordinate product placement opportunities, liaising with Franchise Partners and production companies to ensure programming delivers our brand messaging
- Develop and execute experiential marketing initiatives to drive brand awareness and create news
- Lead talented PR, Content and Social teams who are passionate about their work and our business
- Manage integrated marketing campaigns across all channels, delivering campaigns that drive customer behavior and bring our value proposition to life
- Collaborate with VP Marketing, Managing Director, Founder and digital teams to build, launch and grow the brand
- Both work within an existing framework of systems and develop new ways of making our team better and better
What you bring to the table
- Strong issue/crisis management experience to best understand integrated content
- Proven ability to lead diverse teams, advising and mentoring social, PR and content specialists
- Demonstrated success in campaign management and the ability to extrapolate information to be able to deliver exceptional content
- Negotiation of product placement, contracts and PR opportunities
- Passion for content strategy and planning
- A natural relationship builder and comfort collaborating with diverse stakeholders
Is this the career step you’ve been seeking? Send me a resume and let’s talk about it.