Manager, Business Intelligence - O2E Brands
O2E Brands is seeking a Business Intelligence Manager to lead a talented team and partner with business leaders by providing accurate and timely information and data analysis to give insights to drive our business forward.
What people say about you:
I love helping business leaders make sense of data and information to support them in making decisions to drive the business forward. I have a passion for data and information and want to lead and educate others about the power of business intelligence! Along with my strong business acumen and communication skills, I am also savvy with technology and work well with technical teams. I am passionate about leading and growing other data and analytics professionals and I’m always keen to share my knowledge and experience to enable and empower others. I want to help shape the strategy for business intelligence in a fast-paced and growing organization!
Who we are:
With our four uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
A day in the life:
- Lead and drive discussions and decisions around business intelligence tools, reports and solutions
- Responsible for the architecture and governance of our data and information
- business intelligence
- Work closely with the EVP, Customer and Strategy to build out BI competency model for organization with a view to increasing organization’s competency and maturity related to analytics
- Implement Tableau across the organization as a primary tool for enabling decision makers to access and understand business intelligence
- Lead data governance council to drive data continuity, integrity and alignment across key technology platforms.
- Manage, maintain, refine and evolve the data dictionary to ensure consistent use of metric definition with all enterprise reports and analysis
- Manage, maintain, refine and evolve the data monitoring systems to ensure system stability and business continuity
- Identify opportunities to improve data management capabilities across groups through data profiling and mapping data flows through business processes.
- Work with stakeholders and team members to identify data needs to develop broader data strategy in support of the current and future programs.
- Advise on the best practices and improvements.
- Development and refinement of ongoing reports and dashboards.
- Architecting, designing, implementing and monitoring ‘best practice’ framework in Business Intelligence
- Deliver a “One Version of the Truth” approach to all data used within organization
- Create and deliver relevant reports and information to our leadership team to help optimize business decisions
- Work in collaboration with our database administrators and analytics team
- Mentor, manage and lead data and reporting analysts
- Lead training and education efforts related to business intelligence on behalf of the organization
What you bring to the table:
- Hands-on experience in a business insights and/or business intelligence role ideally with Salesforce experience
- Experience with SQL, R, Python, PHP, business intelligence tools such as Tableau (preferably), Power BI, BusinessObjects, Cognos, or similar
- Experience working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment while creating a structured environment for your team
- Comfortable managing efforts in data warehouses and/or developing large scale reporting solutions
- Proven experience leading a team of analysts and/or data engineers
- Experience managing communications and deliverables with multiple stakeholders at various levels throughout an organization
- Deep knowledge on BI architectural elements such as ETL, Warehousing, Visualization
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to take initiative, multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong business acumen
Is this the role you've been seeking to take your career to the next level? Send me a resume and let's talk about it!