Learning & Development Specialist
Who we are:
We’ve taken the “ordinary” world of home services and made it memorable with our four brands - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional! Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
With the growth across our organization, it’s clear we’re not slowing down anytime soon. To support our growth, we are looking for a Learning and Development Specialist who will embody our guiding principle: “It’s All About People”.
What people say about you:
You seek to understand the learning and development needs of people and of the business, and how you can contribute to their growth and success. You have a strong sense of urgency and drive to get things done quickly and accurately. You are a detail-oriented and creative writer who loves creating and editing learning content that can be delivered through a variety of channels. You have the ability to simplify information into something that’s engaging and easily understood by a wide range of audiences. You can work well autonomously and are comfortable leading a training session.
What you day will look like:
- Partner with stakeholders to design and develop various Start-Up, Operations, and Customer Service training materials
- Analyze and assess key training and development needs for our franchise brands
- Partner with our Head Office department leads to design and develop professional development and skill-building programs
- Design and develop content suitable for a variety of delivery channels (e.g. face-to-face, publications, e-learning).
- Coach and assist Subject Matter Experts in learning delivery & facilitation
- Partner with the greater L&D team to research, identify and communicate new learning solutions to address existing gaps in the organization
- Partner with our Product Delivery team to ensure project milestones are identified, met, and communicated
- Be awesome and have fun!
What you'll bring to the table:
- Demonstrated experience in a Learning & Development role
- Proven experience with instructional design methodologies (E.g ADDIE) and course development
- Experience applying adult learning theory and principles in development of learning materials for a wide range of audiences and variety of delivery channels within set timeframes
- Experience facilitating needs analysis discussions with stakeholders to determine learning outcomes and needs
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Previous experience with facilitation / delivering in-person training is an asset
- Previous experience with mobile and/or e-learning platforms is an asset
- Previous project management experience specifically related to learning and development projects is an asset
- Certification and/or specialized training in adult learning principles or instructional design preferred
Life at the Junktion:
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday.
Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Does this sound like the job you've been seeking?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume and cover letter!