IT Support Specialist - O2E Brands
We are looking for a highly motivated, customer-centric IT professional who is passionate about providing high-quality end-user support and building strong relationships with the business both on-site and remotely. Being directly responsible for supporting all end user hardware and software, a selected candidate must have experience with a broad range of technology and ability to operate in a multi-OS environment.
Who we are
We’ve taken the “ordinary” world of home services and made it memorable by bringing exceptional customer service into the mix. With our three uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
What your day to day will look like
- Provide tier 2 support on a wide variety of end user hardware and software related requests; including hardware/operating system support, peripheral devices, communication/telephony, application support, and basic network support.
- Ensure that ticketing SLAs are met, and the highest possible level of employee uptime plus lowest number of known errors are achieved.
- Participate in projects designed to create or improve business services for the company in its pursuit of operational excellence.
- Document our processes and procedures in a Knowledge Base to support our quest for continual improvement.
- Remaining abreast of existing or emerging technologies and making recommendations on ways to solve business and process problems through technology.
- Conduct training programs designed to educate and develop organization capability in basic and specialized technology use.
- Supporting the management and automation of desktop deployments utilizing solutions such as Jamf Pro and Intunes
What you will bring to the table
- Experience in a technical-focused role supporting end user hardware and software
- Broad technical knowledge of desktops, laptops, printers, mobile devices, and peripherals; including audio/video devices.
- Strong ability to support a mixed desktop environment including Windows, Apple, and Linux
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and Jira concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convert technical terms into everyday language.
- Detailed and team oriented individual with excellent customer service, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Experience using an IT service management tracking system such as ServiceNow is an asset.
- Knowledge of ITIL and ITSM processes and foundations
- Customer service or service desk certification training an asset.
- Understanding of networking concepts and protocols is an asset.
- Prior experience with Jamf Pro and Intunes or similar MDMs is an asset.
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office, take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle, and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Do you want this job now?Send us a resume and tell us why you are awesome!