Drupal Developer - O2E Brands
This is where you come in
We are looking for an organized, results-driven and productive Drupal Developer to join our Business Technology team and take on the responsibility for developing and maintaining our web properties. You will be a part of a high performing, collaborative and passionate agile team comprised of Developers, QA, BA and PM who are responsible for over 100 Million in revenue from our online booking engine. The Drupal Development team develops new websites, new features, web content, SEO and analytics initiatives that will help drive new business for our Franchise Partners in Canada, United States, and Australia. This position is located at our Vancouver corporate office, The Junktion.
Who we are
We’ve taken the “ordinary” world of home services and made it memorable by bringing exceptional customer service into the mix. With our four uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
What your day to day will look like
- Supporting the evolution and maintenance of existing websites, as well as the design and delivery of new ones
- Maintaining and supporting an enterprise Drupal platform to maintain high availability and redundancy of our web properties
- Managing the monitoring and reporting of our production environment status to ensure ‘an always on’ availability
- Ensuring web standards (HTML, JS, CSS) are upheld
- Troubleshooting and correcting web application errors or defects
- Ensuring continual connection and consistent data flow to our internal booking system
- Managing content across our web properties
- Implementing and fixing SEO technical issues across our web and mobile platforms
- Leading advanced implementations of Google Analytics tracking codes and/or other measurement tools
- Interpret customer/internal requirements to establish complete and accurate functional specifications and product documentation
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a post-secondary diploma in a related field
- Open source development skills PHP (Drupal, Custom CMS, WordPress)
- Interest in contributing back to the open source community through custom module development
- High degree of expertise in the development of Drupal custom modules, features and installing profiles, developing base themes, writing layout plugins to contrib modules, optimizing front end performance, writing theme functions, preprocess functions, form alters, adding/changing theme settings and using show/hide functions
- Experience and/or interest in utilizing technologies such as Jenkins, Ansible, Behat and Github
- UI/UX Design experience in responsive design (HTML5, CSS, jQuery)
- Demonstrated skills with technical SEO including semantic tagging, resolving indexation issues and URL redirects
- Advanced Google Analytics tagging expertise, including implementation of Google Experiments
- Strong collaborative skills and experience working in cross-functional teams
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast pace environment
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Do you want this job now?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume