Director, Strategy - O2E Brands
O2E Brands is looking for an exceptional Director, Strategy to act as a trusted advisor, support long term strategic planning and evaluation and champion customer centricity.
What's in it for me?
I will get to flex my strength as a strategic thinker and facilitator, engaging and informing executive leadership and key stakeholders. I will lead the charge in evolving how we develop multi-year strategies and goals and integrate strategic planning with the annual budget cycle and resource planning process. I will leverage my strategic approach and ability to instill confidence with internal and external teams to amplify O2E Brands strength; culture and business ownership.
I like to do work that has meaning and I’m excited about the opportunity to help people realize their dream of small business ownership. I can see that small business helps enhance our communities and provides job opportunities, and I want to be a part of this entrepreneurial movement.
Who we are:
With our uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
What people say about you:
You are a proven leader and passionate facilitator. You are an exceptional, even gifted, strategist with strong analytical and financial modeling skills. You are a passionate team-builder, who works well with multi-functional teams, has a positive can-do attitude, and thrives in a constantly evolving environment. You are a self-starter who can roll up your sleeves and work with your team to get things done!
A day in the life:
- Drive the strategic planning process and act as a trusted advisor to executive leadership and relevant stakeholders during strategy formulation, development, and execution.
- Support the evaluation and development of long-term strategic plans across all departments.
- Develop multi-year strategies and goals and establish measurement criteria to monitor performance
- Consult with internal partners on a wide range of initiatives, including marketing, sales, operations, talent acquisition and engagement, market expansion and penetration, etc.
- Enable through facilitation marketing, sales and operations teams to select and leverage technology investments to drive their businesses
- Champion customer centricity including evolving and communicating our customer framework
- Perform thorough evaluations of business opportunities inclusive of competitive analysis, financial analysis, market analysis, performance analysis, technology platforms, and strategic fit.
- Support communications efforts to increase awareness, understanding and adoption of strategies across internal and external teams
- Collaborate with project management teams to ensure initiatives have appropriate connection to strategic objectives and have a clear path to benefit realization.
What you bring to the table:
- Experience leading strategy generation for B2B and B2C organizations
- Demonstrated experience in strategy, business planning, branding, communications or a related professional service
- Excellent verbal and written communication, comfortable preparing presentations and speaking in front of groups
- Proven facilitation skills, stakeholder management and project management
- Experience working with analytical tools and processes and able to perform regular performance, financial, market, and competitive analyses
- Strong attention to detail and a creative problem solver
- Experience with goal and objective-setting frameworks (Balanced Scorecard, OKRs etc)
Is this the role you've been seeking to influence the strategic direction of a tier one company?
Send me a resume and let's talk about it.
At O2E Brands we know that great talent comes in many forms and we want to meet you at your best. We will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities at any time throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com or notify the Talent Acquisition team member you are working with if unique arrangements will enable your equal participation.