Director, IT Operations
O2E Brands is seeking a Director, IT Operations to lead all aspects of IT Operations including IT infrastructure, communication, backup, security systems, disaster recovery and standards / policy compliance.
What’s in it for me?
I will have the opportunity to demonstrate my natural leadership abilities by moving projects forward with independence and autonomy. My people skills will shine as I build and leverage strong internal and external relationships crucial to the success of the development, implementation, and management of systems and infrastructure. My “whatever it takes” attitude will inspire the talented team I lead.
Who we are:
With our four uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
A day in the life:
- Lead all aspects of IT Operations including IT infrastructure (servers, laptops, mobile devices), communication (LAN, WAN, email, VOIP, etc.), backup, security systems, disaster recovery (DR), and standards / policy compliance
- Provide strategic direction for the IT Infrastructure Platform(s) as well as end user service delivery
- Assess new external and internal technology capabilities such as cloud technologies, and help implement and integrate them with the existing IT operations environment
- Motivate, coach, and develop a talented team
- Manage overall capacity utilization, and optimize infrastructure to meet business requirements
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the IT team including service management/ ticket system, work assignment and providing high level reporting
- Prepare overall status and activity metrics that document and tracks delivery of IT services, system availability and outages, response times and other key IT metrics
- Champion IT infrastructure standards, procedures, policies, and best practices for network, servers, databases, wireless technology, file & print services, VOIP, etc.
- Collaborate with cross departmental teams to ensure IT change management procedures are followed without impacting business processes
- Build and maintain relationships with other Business Technology leaders to understand business / technical needs and provide cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs
- Own and maintain overall backup and recovery strategy (Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity) and maintains data/system backups and recoverability in a 7 / 24 environment
- Ensure high availability of critical business systems
- Maintain overall security of the company’s network, systems, and data
- Develop and control the IT operations annual operating and capital expenditure budget and manage expenses to stay within plan
- Develop and manage supplier relationships and contracts
What you bring to the table:
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Proactive in understanding and staying up-to-date on the current projects in progress, projects in pipeline and operational issues
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on complex projects on time and on budget
- Proven ability to run a highly-effective support organization delivering high quality services
- Willing and capable of hands-on technical troubleshooting, if required
- Deep and broad understanding of modern computing technology, systems and network architecture, data management, information security, and cloud-based services
- Working knowledge of Google G-Suite, Windows Servers, Active Directory, and MS SQL, core Network/Cisco-Meraki technologies like LAN/WAN, subnets, firewalls, VLAN's, and VPN, SDN, UCCE, and Cyber-Security tools
- Experience with on premise and public cloud environment such as Google Cloud, AWS or Azure ideal
- Certifications in Microsoft/Cisco/VMware/ITIL and / or PMI Certification is preferred
- Familiarity with Salesforce and / or Genesys Contact Center platforms is a plus
Is this the IT leadership role you've been seeking? Send me a resume and let's talk about it!