Digital Designer - O2E Brands
This is where you come in
We are looking for a passionate, digital focused Graphic Designer to be a part of our world class Marketing team for a 12 month maternity leave contract with a potential extension. Our Creative Services team is lean and efficient: creating a high volume of marketing collateral for all of our brands on and off-line. Collaborating with our Franchise Partners throughout Canada, the US and Australia, you will build best-in-class digital online experiences. Creative, savvy, a keen eye for detail, and exemplary people skills are key to this position’s success. This position is based out of our Vancouver corporate office, the Junktion.
Who we are
We’ve taken the “ordinary” world of home services and made it memorable by bringing exceptional customer service into the mix. With our four uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
What your day to day looks like
- Collaborate with the design team for internal and external digital touchpoints
- Build best-in-class digital online experiences for O2E Brands customers
- Create digital marketing material including: digital advertising, email design, landing page design, PPC ads, website wireframes, prototypes and webpages.
- Maintain Web Style Guide
- Work closely with Web Operations team to optimize current website features
- Focus on delivering the best possible mobile and desktop experience
What you bring to the table
- Professional experience designing for both print and digital with a well-developed understanding of the technical differences between the two
- Understanding of digital design for social media
- Exposure to best practices in UX
- Proven design skills including ad layout, typography and photo editing. Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite primarily Xd InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro
- Experience with prototyping and wireframing tools
- Basic Knowledge of HTML and CSS is a plus
- Strong customer focus and ability to work with all levels of the organization
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. We offer professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Do you want this job now?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume and digital portolio!