Desktop Support Specialist - O2E Brands
Who we are
We are O2E, our four uniquely branded companies –1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY Painting, You Move Me and Shack Shine – are leaders in customer experience and innovation. Guided by our clear company vision, our vibrant team and dynamic, goal-oriented culture, we are all about success, growth and celebration. We recognize that every member of our team is a vital contributor to our success. High performance is expected, achieved and rewarded. Our culture of achievement is grounded in hard work, professionalism, enthusiasm and teamwork. O2E is dedicated to helping its employees realize and fulfill their potential.Together, our companies make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and home detailing exceptional. O2E = Ordinary to Exceptional!
O2E Brands is seeking a Desktop Support Specialist for our Business Technology department. You will serves as a technical escalation point and initial customer contact for our issues and their issues. You will use industry best practices and tools for managing the client relationship, with accountability to deliver great service support. Desktop Support Specialists also perform preventative maintenance and upgrades on all of our client and endpoint service delivery systems.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Performs technical support for network infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and hardware with minimal supervision.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot desktop systems, workstations, servers and network.
- Maintains passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment.
- Communicates highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades.
- Will conduct training programs designed to educate an organization's computer users about basic and specialized applications.
- Will involve use of problem management databases and help desk system.
- Monitor service delivery metrics and prepare operational reports for management review.
- Create technical documents and maintain knowledge base.
- Conduct training on new process, procedures, technology and support new hire assimilation.
- Rapid response and ownership of issues and requests reported by customers via case management system, telephone or email.
- Perform general technical support, and troubleshoots and desktop systems software and hardware.
- Investigate system problems and provide solutions using specific product knowledge, system utilities, and operating environment.
- Perform installs, moves, add, changes and decommission of computer equipment.
- Provide user data and application recovery.
- Maintain knowledge and certifications necessary to support computer equipment and peripherals.
What you bring to the table
- Experience in a Desktop support role
- Broad-based technical support expertise with experience in major product lines.
- Experience with SCCM, Google Chrome Remote desktop and Microsoft Bitlocker.
- Understanding of Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE) to deploy images.
- A+ certification, or equivalent is nice to have
- Customer service focus with strong leadership and interpersonal skills with ability to gain cooperation of others.
- Ability to teach highly technical content to users with any level of experience.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills to help the organization grow
- Available to work flexible hours during the day and work evenings and/or weekends to support facility requirements and events (possibly on short notice).
- Required to be on standby rotation schedule.
Are you ready to take advantage of this exciting opportunity with a leading brand? If you think you’d be a good fit for the role, please Apply today!