Department Coordinator (Business Technology) - O2E Brands
Are you looking to join one of Canada's Greatest Places to Work? O2E Brands is looking for an exceptional Business Technology (this is our fancy name for IT) Coordinator to join our growing team!
What people say about you:
You are a collaborative thinker with a sharp eye for detail. You like to be the go-to in a department, love to take on new challenges and live to wow your team members. As a fun and energetic addition to our team, you are highly motivated to use your organizational strengths to achieve individual and team goals. You love to master new skills and technology to support different projects.
What you will learn
You will have daily exposure to some of the most talented Business Technology people in the business. If a career in technology is in your future you will have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of the field from apps to project management and hardware. You will be trained and mentored by some of the best administrators in the business. You will participate in several learning tracks from our initial 90 day onboarding program to A Player Development meetings and the 101 Life Goals program.
Who we are:
With our four uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
A day in the life
- Be the unofficial boss of the Business Technology Department - you will work side by side with our VP, be the first to know about everything that is going on, plan the parties, keep people organized and become the go-to for the department
- Be the master of ceremonies and calendars - you will manage calendars and parties and do it like a boss
- Make sure those little monthly tasks we all put off are done and off your plate - expense reports, invoices, etc.
- Become a reporting wizard and dazzle the team with your ability to create reporting magic
- Handle sensitive and confidential information discreetly - the boss sees all
What you bring to the table
- Previous experience bossing your way into being the go-to for the team, someone has a question, they start with you
- A great attitude and outgoing personality - you build relationships to be able to get the answers you need and ask the big favours
- Know your way around a busy team's calendar and how to tetris it the way you need to in order to make it all work
- Exceptional communication skills - you write an email and translate what you need like a boss
- Excellent computer skills (Google apps an asset - Gmail, Sheets, Slides, Docs) - you are in the technology department after all!
- Strong time management and organizational skills - everyone is always amazed by what you get done in the day.
- Willing to “roll up your sleeves” to get things done - hands on is the only way you know how to operate
Is this the exceptional team that you've been waiting to be a part of? Send me a resume and let's talk about what that looks like!