Credit and Collections Specialist - O2E Brands
Who we are
We’ve taken the “ordinary” world of home services and made it memorable by bringing exceptional customer service into the mix. With our four uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
This is where you come in
You will work with household brand names across Canada and the USA on a book of clients that accounts for over $30 Million in revenue for 1-800-GOT-JUNK?. The Credit & Collections Specialist is responsible for building relationships with our National Account clients, liaise with sales teams, reduce overdue accounts, collection calls, reconcile accounts and approve credit applications.
What you will do
- Manage and maintain AR accounts while minimizing company risk
- Build and sustain strong customer relationships
- Leverage your great written and verbal communication skills to solicit payment in a customer centric way
- Identify, manage, and monitor problem accounts.
- Work within Great Plains to apply US/CAD payments. Investigate and reconcile short or unapplied payment
- Review and reconcile customer AR accounts
- Evaluate new customer applications for credit and approve or recommend credit limits
- Review and evaluate existing customer credit limits on a regular basis, and approve or recommend increases where appropriate
- Work closely with accounting team and account managers to ensure accurate reporting
What you bring to the table
- Experience in a customer centric collections & credit position
- An understanding of accounting principals and account reconciliation experience
- Knowledge of billing and invoicing procedures
- Strong organizational and analytical and skills
- Experience with Great Plains, CRMs and Salesforce a plus
- Ability to perform advanced formulas and usage of excel/sheets
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills at a capacity to, by phone and email, solicit and gain assistance from customers and sales staff where required
- Must be able to work independently, identify issues and provide resolutions to problems
- Must be detail-oriented and capable of working under pressure
- Able to multitask and prioritize as per work volume
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Do you want this job now?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume and cover letter!