Communications Manager - O2E Brands
O2E Brands is looking for an exceptional communications professional to revolutionize how we connect with our people.
What's in it for me?
I will get to flex my strength as a natural storyteller, engaging and informing an international audience. I will lead the charge in evolving how we communicate by implementing and leveraging new technology to create a dynamic, engaging community. I will leverage social media and journalism techniques to amplify our people and our voice. I will lead the development of a content strategy that builds our connections. I will work with a dynamic, passionate team to elevate the communication strategy of O2E Brands.
I like to do work that has meaning and I’m excited about the opportunity to help people realize their dream of small business ownership. I can see that small business helps enhance our communities and provides job opportunities, and I want to be a part of this entrepreneurial movement.
Who we are:
With our four uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
And it’s not just our brands that are exceptional, our team is too! We foster a culture people want to be a part of. We strive to make work rewarding and fun. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and one of the country’s most admired cultures.
What Your Day Will Look Like:
- Lead the implementation of a new social platform to revolutionize how we connect with our team
- Work with our Leadership Team, Franchise Partners and our PR team to develop new communications strategies, creative angles, and campaigns for our internal team
- Create campaigns and content to engage and inform
- Coach Junktion stakeholders on communication opportunities
- Storytell through digital and social channels
- Collaborate with our Marketing team to leverage a singular message and voice
What You Bring To The Table:
- Proven experience in a senior communications role, including internal communications, content development, thought leadership, journalism or PR
- Great content and communication ideas and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and implement them
- Experienced across channels and departments to bring together a unified message and communications strategy
- Natural storytelling ability that engages people
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated strength on all social media platforms
- Drive to succeed, develop and an energetic, positive attitude
Life at the Junktion:
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high-energy open concept office, taking part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and getting together for a drink on First Round Friday.
Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy four weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for five weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Is this your job?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume. We want to get to know you! Feel free to include any social media handles (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) and any blogs or websites that you want to share!