Communications Coordinator - O2E Brands
Who we are
We’ve taken the ordinary world of home services and made them exceptional by providing exceptional customer service. With our four uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
This is where you come in
With the growth across our organization, we offer an exciting, dynamic work environment with plenty of opportunity to flex your communications skills. We are looking for an experienced Communications Coordinator to provide integral support across our franchises and corporate teams. Working with members of the Communications & Events team, the Communications Coordinator functions as a generalist who will partner with a wide variety of areas within the organization. You enjoy a fast-paced, challenging, and fun work environment that gives you the opportunity to grow with and lend your expertise to the success of an international organization.
What people say about you
- You’re comfortable working with a diverse group of people and have a flair for connecting with people
- A team player, curious, enthusiastic, and a hunger to learn on the go
- You have a knack for finding a good story and bringing it to life
- You resonate with O2E’s core values of professional, integrity, passion and empathy.
What your day to day will look like
- Prominent hand in the execution of our internal newsletters for both employees and franchise partners
- Assist with the organization and execution of forums, webinars, and conferences, including the development of presentation materials
- Build and deliver on internal and external communication plans to drive adoption and change
- Creating and publishing content on Google sites
- Work with departments across the Junktion to gather and write stories relevant to Franchise Partners and the Junktion
- Support in migrating and refreshing content to build social engagement as we build new tools and platforms for franchise partners
- Create basic video and graphics to make our content pop!
- Collect and analyze data to measure communications results
What you'll bring to the table
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple requests and deadlines
- You have a nose for finding a compelling story; you are always pro-actively looking for the next great story about our people
- Strong grammar and writing ability and attention to detail
- Proven experience and/or technical aptitude for assembling e-newsletters
- You are familiar with Google Suite (or, have the confidence to pick it up quickly!)
- If you have experience with email newsletter platforms or web-publishing/content management systems, that’s a bonus!
- Eager to learn new tools to create multimedia content
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy, open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list. But what surprises people most about life at the Junktion is our culture; we are collaborative, have great attitudes, are focused on helping each other learn and grow, both in work and in life.
Do you want this job now?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume and cover letter!