Business Analyst - O2E Brands
We’re all about people
We are O2E Brands and our name comes from what we do. With our four uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting and moving exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation O2E = Ordinary to Exceptional!
This is where you come in
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our Product Delivery team. Reporting to the Manager, Platform Delivery, the Business Analyst will actively work with key stakeholders to understand and document requirements, and improve core business processes. The position is based in our Vancouver Junktion.
What people say about you
I seek to understand the needs of different departments and excel at asking the right questions. I am passionate about making their lives easier by simplifying and improving processes to increase efficiency. I am comfortable working with all levels of the organization and can establish trust easily. I am known for my positive attitude and energy. Along with my strong business acumen and communication skills, I am also savvy with technology and work well with technical teams.
What you'll do
- Partner with internal functional departments as well as our franchise system to document how things are done and find practical and cost-effective ways to improve them
- Gather requirements for strategic projects and technical initiatives
- Create business process models using best practice techniques, including current and future state solution design documents
- Provide expert services in process mapping, team facilitation in defining future state processes, and process documentation
- Write functional and technical specifications for technical team members
- Track and manage requirements throughout the project lifecycle, from clarification during implementation, through to quality assurance and user acceptance testing.
- Act as a strong communicator and advocate for change that results from process improvement and project work; includes stakeholder analysis, and communications planning.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelors degree in business, mathematics, computer science or related field
- Experience in a business analyst role
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience leading collaborating with team members and business stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Proven problem-solving, analytical and investigative skills
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience with Agile, Lean or Six Sigma an asset
- Experience with Salesforce is an asset
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Do you want this job now?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume and cover letter!