Systems and Security Analyst - O2E Brands
Who we are
We’ve taken the “ordinary” world of home services and made it memorable by bringing exceptional customer service into the mix. With our four uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
This is where you come in
We are looking for a Systems and Security Analyst who will be responsible for maintaining information security protocols and data protection/recoverability throughout the organization. You will work closely with the current Systems and Network Administrator, DBAs, Desktop Support and overall Business Technology teams.
What you'll do
- Develops and implements IT system security plans, projects and initiatives
- Creating, testing and implementing network disaster recovery plans
- Performing risk assessments and testing of data processing systems
- Recommending security enhancements and purchases
- Training Junktion staff on network and information security procedures
- Review configuration and updates to ensure software and infrastructure are protected
- Assist in maintaining Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans
- Create, maintain and execute policy and audit plans, and identify security risks and operational needs
- Proactively monitor environment to identify and resolve any security issues related to software and/or hardware used within the organization
- Perform regular maintenance checks in all servers, switches, routers and other connectivity devices
- Participate in client and regulatory compliance audits
- Assure information assets and environments are secure and compliant
- Work with business owners, IT managers, staff and vendors in order to provide timely and efficient IT coordination of security services
- Monitors use of data files and regulates access to safeguard information in computer files
- Monitor the logs from the systems, switches, firewalls etc, and ensure issues are reported and actioned accordingly.
- Provide support to the System/Network Administrator with Windows Servers updates, server builds, etc.
What you bring to the table
- Education - Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in a similar environment
- CISA or ITIL Certification
- Ability to connect and relate with cross-functional teams in a clear and concise manner.
- Proactive in identifying business need and problems, creating action plans and pitching a business case
- Creative problem solver with effective resolution ability and analytical skills
- Advanced PC Skills
- Familiarity with budgets, procurement and software vendors an asset
- Comfort in prioritizing business needs and multiple projects at once
- Relationship management; ability to establish and maintain credibility with vendors and colleagues
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday.
Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Do you want this job now?
Tell us why you’re awesome by submitting your cover letter and resume!