People Generalist - O2E Brands
Who we are
We’ve taken the “ordinary” world of home services and made it memorable by bringing exceptional customer service into the mix. With our four uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
This is where you come in
We are looking for a People Generalist to join our awesome People & Culture team. As a people & culture ambassador, you will embody our guiding principle: “It’s All About People”. This position is located at our Toronto corporate office, the Junktion. You will be our very first People Team member in our Toronto office and will work closely with the Vancouver team in support of People Operations, Talent Acquisition, and general People support.
What people say about you
As a people & culture ambassador, my positive attitude and energy is infectious. I am looking to take the next step in my HR career and work with a fun and innovative People (human resources) team. I’m detail oriented and making sure everything is perfectly organized and accurate is like second nature to me. I am a team player who is willing to roll up my sleeves and get into the thick of it to get things done.
What your day to day will look like
- Responsible for new hire set-up paperwork and documentation
- Responsible for HR administrative tasks including maintaining HR files & folders, employment confirmation letters, amendments, staff change forms etc.
- Assist with employee relations issues and initiatives as required
- Provide support for the talent acquisition team including interview coordination, support for in-person interviews, offer letters etc.
- Provide support for HR programs including annual performance reviews, individual development plans, annual employee engagement surveys, HR metrics and HR related awards and contests
- Work with the People & Culture team on People related projects
- Be awesome and have fun!
What you'll bring to the table
- 3+ years’ experience working in a People (HR) or Talent acquisition (recruitment) role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration / Commerce with a concentration in Human Resources or related discipline preferred; CHRP designation an asset
- Ability to travel between Toronto & Vancouver
- May need to work a flexible schedule as needed
- Positive and energetic personality with a passion for organization and strong attention to details
- Experience working with Google applications a strong asset
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, Ontario. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday.
Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list!
Do you want this job now?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume and cover letter!