National Public Relations Manager - O2E Brands
Who we are
We’ve taken the “ordinary” world of home services and made it memorable by bringing exceptional customer service into the mix. With our four uniquely branded home service franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
What people say about you
You’re a vibrant and energetic brand ambassador; a gifted writer with an unfailing ability to spot a great story. You stay up-to-speed on what is current and timely in your industry, and you’re a firm believer in providing value to your audience, be it producers and editors, customers, or internal stakeholders. You are highly motivated, tenacious, and strategic when pitching the media. You thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment and aren’t afraid to take risks (more on our WTF - Willing To Fail - culture later).
What your day to day will look like
- Help to shape social media strategy across all brands
- Own National media outreach for O2E Brands and 1-800-GOT-JUNK?
- Manage product placement opportunities such as Hoarders and Property Brothers
- Work with the PR team and stakeholders to develop new PR strategies, creative angles and campaigns
- Contribute to regular editorial meetings and help develop strong stories for our consumer audience and from among our Junktion staff and franchise partners
- Develop prospective media targets and contacts through research
- Provide media relations, social and occasional on-site support for community events
- Assist with PR-related administrative duties
- Tell stories through digital and social channels
What you'll bring to the table
- 2-4 years of experience in a dedicated public relations, social media or journalism role
- The ability to demonstrate how PR and social media drive revenue for our businesses
- Proven success pitching media outlets and executing social media campaigns across North America preferred
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Fun, energetic, positive attitude
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday.
Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Are you the candidate for us?
Tell us why you’re our next PR Manager member by submitting your resume and cover letter. Don’t forget to include any social media handles (ie. Linkedin, Twitter etc.) and any blogs / websites that you want to share!